A parish in Renfrewshire until 1975. It was sometimes known as Greenock – West parish, and included the town of Greenock. The boundaries of the parish were enlarged in 1636. From the eighteenth century onwards it was sub-divided into separate parishes. It was a parish for both civil and religious purposes from the sixteenth century until 1975.
Greenock Cemetery, Inverclyde Monumental Inscriptions 1846-2011 FindMyPast record set “Scotland Registers & Records”