Argyll, Kilchrennan and Dalavich 1841 Census Index

£1.50

Argyll, Kilchrennan & Dalavich parish 1841 Census Index compiled by Edna Stark.

22 pages

3 in stock

SKU: G4002 Categories: , ,

Description

Parish of Kilchrennan & Dalavich (Parish 517)

Kilchrennan means the church of Cronan and Dalavich the field of the river Avich.

The combined parish is almost the only one in Argyll without a seacoast (the only other one is Glenorchy and Inishail).  It lies on both sides of Loch Awe, in the heart of the Campbells.  Good farmland is found around the loch sides, at the edges of the parish the land rises to high moorland, over which pass the ancient drove roads.

Landowners in 1841 included the Marquess of Breadalbane and Malcolm of Poltalloch.  In the church at Kilchrennan is ususlly kept a typed list of the MIs in the churchyard.

The population in 1841 was 943.

Additional information

Weight100 g