Argyll, Iona 1841 Census Index

£2.00

Argyll, Iona parish 1841 Census Index compiled by Edna Stark.

24 pages

5 in stock

SKU: G4010 Category:

Description

Parish of Iona (Parish 538)

The parish of Iona consists of the island of Iona and part of the neighbouring district of Mull – 5 farms, namely Fidden, Knockvolagan, Poitec, Creich and Caitchionn.

In 1828 when a church and manse were built on the island, Iona was made a quoad sacra parish. Before that it had been part of Kilfinichen.  However note that in the various Statistical Accounts information on the parish was found under Kilfinichen and Kilvickeon.

The Duke of Argyll was the landowner of the whole area – until 1899 when he made over the ruins of Iona Abbey to the Church of Scotland under a body of trustees.

Please note that in this publication the age of children less than two years old at the time of the Census are all shown as aged one.

Additional information

Weight105 g