Over the years, kindly donors have gifted to the Glasgow & West of Scotland Family History Society a number of old photo collections, either as albums, as loose photographs or as a digital set. These images are available to members here.
The collections are as follows:-
- The Coplands – photos of the descendants of Robert Tait Copland, originally from Orkney who moved to Edinburgh in 19th century (loose photos)
- The McIntyres – photos of a farming family in Arran and Holy Isle, early 20th century (digital collection)
- The McNairs and MacDougalls – photos of two Paisley families on holiday in Arran and Kilmacolm in the early 20th century (album)
- The MacDougalls – photos from Norrie MacDougall, who was employed in the East India Company at various locations in India and the Far East (album)
- The Finlays – a collection of mostly portraits of a Glaswegian family taken 1880-1900 (loose photos)
- The Walkers – a mostly unidentified collection of early 20th century photos, originally in an album, including images of Louisa Heron-Maxwell and son, James Walker (loose photos)
- Old Cathcart – a collection of postcards and photos of Old Cathcart and surroundings (album)
- The Holy Land traveller – photos by an anonymous traveller in a tourist party to the Holy Land in 1930s (album)
- Braemar, the Borders, Cornwall and various Continental locations – an anonymous collection of professional and amateur images with autographed entries of poems and quotations, late 19th – early 20th century (album)
- The Mackenzies – black & white and colour photos of a couple who emigrated to Australia in the 1950s and settled in Mount Isa (loose photos)
- The Glasgow bequest – a collection of partially identified photos from a bequest left to the Society by our late member, Sheila Duffy (loose photos).
Not all the images have been included on our website – some of the collections are too extensive to reproduce in their entirety. If you would like further information, please email email@example.com
If you wish to download and use any of the images on the site, please acknowledge our ownership with Text and images © GWSFHS